Boyette Family Farms’ Covid Response
WHY OUTDOOR HAUNTED ATTRACTIONS ARE DIFFERENT FROM OTHER MASS GATHERINGS
It is important to remember the difference between attractions and other venues for mass gatherings such as sports arenas, movie theaters, and concerts:
—Capacity can be reduced/managed with timed ticketing to allow for appropriate social distancing.
—Exposure time is limited. Guests generally move throughout their experience. The guests are not sitting in a single location, elbow-to-elbow, for an extended period.
—A large percentage of attraction attendance is made up of family members and others who live in the same home (social bubble) and thus do not need to be physically distanced from each other.
This is the way we will operate this fall by using timed ticketing technology to social distance groups as safely and efficiently as possible as well as only opening outdoor attractions. You can purchase tickets online. You may want to purchase early as tickets are limited to reduce capacity. We will sell tickets based on 1-hour time frames with limited capacity. This will be the time we expect you to arrive on property and your party should remain in your vehicle except for one person to redeem tickets at the ticket booth. You will then assemble your party and be directed to the first attraction.
The waiting lines are marked to allow for social bubbles (your group) to wait socially distanced from other bubbles. Hand sanitizer stations will be placed at the entrances of each themed attraction of the farm. Signs will be posted to educate the guests how to stay safe while on site. Masks will be required to be worn by staff and guests to enter the park, unless the NC mandate is lifted by the state.
We will have staff members cleaning our high volume areas through the night, which will include the ticket booth, concession, and other areas throughout the farm. Actors are not sharing makeup kits, will be required to wear a mask, and all costumes are dedicated to one actor. Staff will have temperature check and health screening performed before each shift.
Boyette Family Farms, Inc has completed the “Count on me NC program” and staff has been educated on how to make your Halloween as safe and socially distanced as possible. We have done our homework to make your traditional visit to the haunted attraction as safe as possible.
We appreciate your support so we all can laugh and scream behind our masks together this season. Let’s all work as a team so we can have a safe Halloween.
OUR PROMISE AS AN AGRITOURISM DESTINATION
● We will continue to be a leader in safe sanitation and hygiene practices with all of our employees and staff.
● All employees and staff entering our business will pass a health check prior to each shift.
● All common areas will comply with appropriate social distancing guidelines.
● Hand sanitizer will be available to all guests and employees.
● We will clean and sanitize common areas and surfaces regularly.
● We will adhere to all local and statewide health standards.
● We will follow all state and local government health standards.
By purchasing and visiting our farm YOUR PROMISE TO US:
● If you have been exposed to COVID-19 recently or have symptoms of COVID-19 (including a fever, cough, or shortness of breath, lost a sense of smell), please help us keep everyone safe by staying home.
● You agree to follow the social distancing and sanitary guidelines that have been put in place to protect you and our other guests and employees.